This homemade DIY Hamburger Seasoning Mix is probably the best you will ever taste.
Add it to raw ground beef before forming hamburger patties and cooking them.
Results in the most incredibly morish and juicy burger patties, even if you use extra-lean ground beef.
Yield: Makes 85 g (3/4 cup) of dry mix. Enough for 12 batches of hamburgers.
Hamburger Seasoning DIY Mix
Mix all ingredients.
Store in a sealed container, jar or bag in a cool, dark place.
- 1 tablespoon dry mix
- few drops liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Maggi (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 500 g ground beef (1 lb)
In a medium-sized bowl, mix everything from the dry mix down to and including the Worcestershire sauce to make a paste.
Add the ground beef and mix the paste in. Handle only enough to mix or you may make your burger patties tough.
To prevent burger patties bunching up too high during cooking, make a deep imprint in centre of patty with your thumb.
Any Maggi fan might tell you that the real secret to this whole mix is the Maggi, but if you don’t have Maggi on hand, don’t hang yourself: just use an extra teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
Per 1 tablespoon (7 g) of the dry mix.
- 14 calories, 1142 mg sodium
If using a salt sub, sodium goes down to 4 mg per tablespoon.
* PointsPlus™ calculated by healthycanning.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.