You can make delicious, wholesome, low-cal blueberry crumble on a minute’s notice that really is as good for you as it looks.
To make this, you’ll want a jar of your home-canned blueberry pie filling.
(To be clear, this is a “cooking with canning you have already done” recipe. This is not a recipe for canning.)
This recipe uses: Home canned blueberry pie filling
Yield: 6 x ½ cup (100 g) servings
Serving size: 100 g (1/2 cup)
Fat: 1 g
- Cooking spray
- ½ litre canned blueberry pie filling (1 jar: 1 US pint / 16 oz in size)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon liquid stevia (optional)
- Pinch salt sub (optional)
- 60 g uncooked rolled oats (2/3 cup / 2 oz)
- Start heating oven to 175 C / 350 F / gas mark 4.
- Spray a 1 litre (1 quart / 32 oz ) baking dish with high-ish sides lightly with cooking spray.
- Empty the jar of blueberry pie filling into the dish, using a rubber spatula to get it all out.
- In a bowl, mix together the lemon juice, sour cream, cinnamon, liquid stevia and salt sub if using.
- Add the uncooked rolled oats, mix.
- Scatter the crumble mixture over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Good piping hot, or cold.
Nice with a dollop of fat-free Greek yoghurt, or some Bird's instant low-fat custard sauce.
Serving size: 100 g ( 1/2 cup)
- 98 calories, 7 mg sodium
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 100 g (1/2 cup) = 3 points
* Nutrition info provided by https://caloriecount.about.com
* PointsPlus™ calculated by healthycanning.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.