This Peach Crumble is a quick, delicious and healthy dessert to make.
Serving suggestion: serve with a tablespoon of fat-free yoghurt (or fat-free Cool Whip) on top, along with a few chopped walnuts and a teaspoon of maple syrup drizzled over.
(To be clear, this is a “cooking with canning you have already done” recipe. This is not a recipe for canning.)
This recipe uses:
Yield: 4 x 150 g (3/4 cup / 6 oz) servings
- 1 half-litre (US pint) jar peaches
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped walnuts or pecans (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon liquid stevia
- Pinch salt sub (optional)
- 60 g uncooked rolled oats (2/3 cup / 2 oz)
- Start heating oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Take a baking dish about ¾ litre (3 cup / 24 oz ) or larger in capacity.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Empty jar of peaches in, including juice.
- Sprinkle walnuts over top.
- Drizzle maple syrup over top.
- To make crumble topping, in a bowl, put the lemon juice, sour cream, stevia and (optionally) a pinch of salt sub. Mix to blend, then mix in oats.
- Scatter the crumble over the top of the peaches.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbling and browned.
Per 150 g (3/4 cup / 6 oz) :
- 163 calories, 10 mg sodium
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 4 points.
* Nutrition info provided by http://caloriecount.about.com
* PointsPlus™ calculated by healthycanning.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.