A delicious Italian-style green bean dish that you make using your home-canned goods.
(To be clear, this is a “cooking with canning you have already done” recipe. This is not a recipe for canning.)
This recipe uses:
Yield: 4 cups / 1 kg
Serving size: 1 cup / 250 g
Fat: 1.5 g
- 1 litre jar home-canned green beans (1 US quart)
- Quarter-litre jar home-canned mushrooms (1/2 US pint)
- Half-litre jar Minnesota Mix (1 US pint)
- Garlic powder, dried oregano, parmesan cheese, olive oil (optional)
- Drain the beans and mushrooms.
- Put drained veg in a large, wide skillet.
- Add jar of Minnesota mix.
- [Optional] Season to taste with garlic powder and a dried herb such as oregano.
- Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and let simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes until most of the moisture is driven off.
- [Optional] Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and grated parmesan.
- Serve hot.
Per 1 cup (250 g / 8 oz)
- 201 calories, 43 mg sodium
* Nutrition info provided by http://caloriecount.about.com