You can make delicious mushroom soup from scratch in just 3 minutes with a jar of your home-canned mushrooms, and a small amount of SOS mix.
This recipe uses:
Yield: 400 ml (1 3/4 cups / 14 oz)
Cooking time: 3 minutes
Yield: 400 ml (1¾ cups / 14 oz)
Serving size: 300 ml / 14 oz
Fat: 1.3 g
- 40 g (1/3 cup / 1.5 oz) SOS Mix
- 1 x quarter-litre (half-pint) jar of home canned mushrooms
- Separate mushrooms from broth in jar; retain broth and set mushrooms aside.
- Top up broth to make 300 ml (1¼ cups / 10 oz) of liquid. You can use tap water or any stock you might have in the fridge.
- Whisk in SOS mix.
- Microwave on high 1 minute.
- Whisk again, stir in reserved mushrooms.
- Microwave on high a final two minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Before microwaving, you can add a pinch of ground black pepper, garlic powder, dried parsley, etc.;
- Adjust cooking time as needed for the power of your microwave.
1 3/4 cups (400 ml / 14 oz)
- 197 calories, 280 mg sodium
Calculated on using SOS mix made with low-sodium bouillon powder. If made with regular, sodium becomes 868 mg.
* Nutrition info provided by http://caloriecount.about.com